Civil & Industry
Within the framework of the construction of a 3rd and 4th railway between Brussels-South and St. Catherine Lombeek on railway line 50A, the Pedeviaduct had to be expanded. This viaduct (length 520 m) is placed under the preservation of monuments and the environment is classified as very precious.
The contract consisted of :
- Overhanging extension with 1 railway on each side of the existing viaduct;
- Superstructure consisting of steel/concrete spans resting on overhanging steel pillars attached to the original pillars of the viaduct;
- Brigde decks have curved forms in order to highlight the arched structure even more;
- New structural steel (8000 tons) with clear difference between existing structure and the new extension;
- Renovation of the existing viaduct;
- Modification of catenary supports.
- Client: Infrabel
- Weight: 8,000 tons