Wiatr i Energia odnawialna
Smulders was responsible for the production of 5 transition pieces for the gravity-base foundations for the Blyth demonstration project
The foundations for the wind turbines will be installed off the Northumberland coast and will be held in place by the force of gravity. The gravity-base foundations were designed by BAM Nuttall Ltd. and BAM Infra B.V. The contract to design, fabricate and install the foundations has been awarded to BAM by EDF Energy Renewables.
Blyth in figures
- Number of foundations: 5
- Water depth: 40 m
- Total height: 60 m
- Base diameter: 31 m
- Weight per foundation: 13.000 tons
- Location: off the Northumberland coast
- End client: EDF Energy Renewables
- Client: Blyth Offshore Demonstrator Ltd.
- Main contractors: BAM Nuttal Ltd. en BAM Infra b.v. JV