The CO2 Performance ladder is a tool which helps companies to reduce their carbon emissions. In the industrial sector there still is plenty of room for improvement in the areas of energy savings, efficient use of materials and sustainable energy.
Two important starting points in this context are:
- practical results for the company; and
- minimum limitations as a result of rules and regulations.
Companies striving for reduced carbon emissions by applying the CO2 performance ladder should achieve results in the fields of lower energy costs, material savings and improved innovation in as little time as possible.
If you as supplier, client or interested party would like to contribute to our CO2-policy, in the form of information or knowledge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read our sustainability report of 2016 here.
- Emission inventory 2016 (Q1-4) & Emission inventory 2016 (Q1-4) Grey
- Recently, our question to SKAO about green energy in Belgium has been answered: the green electricity certificates, managed by VREG, mark insufficiently whether there is no double counting and will therefore not yet be accepted as green electricity. Therefore, we have provided our emission inventory with a ‘grey energy’ version. In this version, we only take into account the green energy that has been produced by Smulders itself, or in Belgium. The green energy that was bought by our supplier abroad, is converted into grey energy (fossil/nuclear). We will see which steps we can take about this and adjust our objectives where necessary.
- Historic data:
- Energy Management Plan
- Scope 3 analyse
- Ontwikkelingstraject ECO Design
- Communicatiefiche ECO Design
- Communicatiefiche RTO
- Communication program
- Publication Commitment Reduction Program
- Communicatiefiche ICE
- Ontwikkelingstraject ICE
- Charter Duurzaam Ondernemen Iemants